Ranchlands Key Features
- Hillside escarpment with grasslands, natural slumping ponds, trees, diverse plant communities, birding, wildlife habitat and species, winding trails, and changing topography.
- Biodiversity of species and habitats.
- View of river and cliffs as well as farmland.
- Riparian Flats with endless landscapes of cottonwoods, South Saskatchewan River, wetlands with cattails, grasslands, birding and wildlife habitat.
- Historical gravel pit operation including old trucks and dragline.
- Views of river and cliffs.
- Archaeological sites including tepee rings and children’s Inuksuk (stone landmark) surrounded by various native grass and flowering plant species, birding and wildlife habitat.
- Conservation and Education Interpretive programs.
- History – See the City of Medicine Hat’s Arts and Culture and Esplanade Arts and Heritage Centre.